Nigeria Customs Service provides effective clearance of goods crossing the borders and anti-smuggling services in ways that maximize revenue collection and promote trade competitiveness.
- Nigeria Customs Service is a reference and model administration with excellence in providing effective and efficient service to accomplish all dimensions of its mission.
- That the Service is a modern, compact and dynamic Service that influences policy and contributes to Nigeria development.
- That the Service is recognized as being in the vanguard of Customs best practices and international standards.
- To excel in the efficient and timely collection of and accounting for revenue.
- Implementation of and advise on Governmental trade and fiscal policies;
- Promotion of trade facilitation;
- Protection of Nigerian society, generation of accurate and precise statistical data by developing a professional, transparent administration that implements international best practices and obligations.