The Webb Fontaine Help-Desk is a new customer service for the stakeholders in the public & private sectors involved in the electronic processing of trade transactions with customs. It is based on a system of trouble tickets for fault reporting & problem resolution
- Minimize disruption of e-services
- Increase service levels
- Reduce support costs and time per incident
- Increase end-user satisfaction and productivity
WF Help-Desk services to private sector’s end-users of electronic information to the Advanced NCS Information System include technical assistance by means of:
WF Help-Desk services to public sector’s end-users of the NCS Information System include functional and technical support services by means of:
- Trouble ticket web service for fault reporting
- SMS and email information messaging
- Hot-line support, either by phone or Skype
- Field support
- Real-time monitoring of the National Private IT and Telecom infrastructure
Users from the public or private sector benefitting from Help-Desk services include: authorized dealer banks, and designated banks for Form M and electronic payment processes, Scanning Service Providers for Form M and RAR transmissions, importers, exporters, shipping lines, airlines and DTI operators for SGD and Manifest online submissions, as well as NCS, CBN, NBS, FMF, NAFDAC, SON and other government agencies for transaction monitoring and analysis.
DETAIL OF SERVICES
- Trouble Ticket system: this service is for registered users. It allows an end-user to submit online a technical problem he is encountering, by opening a trouble ticket with the new Help-Desk software. Upon submission, the problem will be investigated by the Help-Desk team, and the trouble ticket periodically updated as the solving of the problem progresses. The end-user can consult the status of his trouble ticket online at anytime.
- On-Site Support: this service is specific to NCS. Permanent support staff in NCS customs offices provides first level support for problems encountered by customs officers.
- Central Help-Desk: a central team that manages trouble tickets, answers end-users’ phone calls, keep end-users informed by means of SMS and emails and link with the second level support. A database of cases is constantly updated with reported problems and their resolution to continuously improve the quality of the support.
- E-Transaction Monitoring: provide real-time information on electronic trade transactions processing.
- IT&C infrastructure Monitoring: a permanent central team using specialized tools to monitor the performance of the key elements of the National IT and Telecommunication infrastructure on a 24/7 basis.
- Release Management: upgrade software to new versions.
- Configuration and Change Management: a technical team that performs tests, and records all additions and changes to the National IT and Telecommunication infrastructure.